[12/1] Who is he kissing?

Everywhere else that doesn't fit into a specific location.

[12/1] Who is he kissing?

Postby Mila » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 pm

It felt a lot like paradise when she was with him. His vitae flowed through her veins and it never mattered what they were doing, or where they went. She thought of Chicago from time to time of course, but it was only in passing anymore. She'd landed a peck on Tungsten's cheek, and nearly sent him tumbling backwards.

That's when she stood up suddenly, awkwardly. "I have to go."

She started to grab articles of clothing she'd recently shed and her shoes, while being compelled toward the exit. She was nearly naked as she attempted to leave.

"I have a dreadfully long walk to Chicago, it seems." As Mila's brows furrowed, she turned back to Tungsten. "Didn't Chicago...?" SLAM Went the door behind her.

...What?
Mila

:: ::

Mila
Brujah
Anarch
0 Status

Re: [12/1] Who is he kissing?

Postby Tungsten Phillips » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

It was strange, strange and different, to hear four feet over two or six over four, but he'd become used to it in the past month. They couldn't leave Chicago, not yet; there was the job to do, after all, and Tungsten had never yet failed to deliver for the boss, but they could stay in Out-Town, stay on the outskirts near Doyle's place, stay out where none of the Kindred lived for fear of the sharp claws and howls in the night. She didn't ask where he was going most nights, and he didn't tell her, and that seemed to suit them fine.

Her smell was on him most of the time now, and in a vague, hazy way, that was the way it should be. He turned his head slightly to inhale it, that earthy, sweat-and-blood scent out of her hair where she lay half across his torso, and then righted himself with equanimity as she suddenly went from giggling girl to intent dynamo in a split second. It was typical of her mercurial nature, and he was not particularly worried about it until he saw the line between her brows and the distracted way she nearly ran into the wall. He sat up, blinked good-naturedly, and said, "Okay. Need your bodyguard? I might be better at it this time."

She didn't even seem to register the quip, and he heard the word Chicago before she was out the door and into the dark. A while ago, he wouldn't have chased her, would have let her do whatever it was she wanted, but something smelled wrong; that line on her face, he'd seen that before, during the time she'd been with the Ventrue. It took him very little time to be out the door after her, buttoning his pants with one hand while he loped along in her wake. At least he could keep up with her.

"Mila?" he tried, stretching his legs to keep pace. "Not that I'm ever going to tell you that you can't, but I got the impression that you weren't planning on rolling back into Kross's place any time soon. Change of plans?"
Tungsten Phillips

Tungsten Phillips
Gangrel
Anarch
0 Status

Postby Mila » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Holding one of her shoes by the tongue in her mouth, she tied her hair into a ponytail. She couldn't seem to stop long enough to put the shoe on, and as she attempted to dress herself, hopped on one foot to maintain the direction she was headed. "Fuck no I'm not going to Chicago," she cursed. "I mean, yea, Chicago. I got to."

"I know I haven't been paying attention to politics much, but Christ, Tungsten. Can you brief me? Didn't Chicago fall to the Sabbat? What am I walking into here?" Shit just started to get real, and suddenly Mila was on high alert.

What am I doing? Was the look on her face.

"Come on, Tungsten. We're taking too long." Feeling the pull from the warehouse district, she wrapped them in shadows. "Ian so help me God if you can't leave well enough alone I will end your face." Murmured the brujah under her breath, placing her accusations.
Mila

Mila
Brujah
Anarch
0 Status

Postby Tungsten Phillips » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:00 pm

"Smart man should listen to that kind of a threat," he agreed amiably, but there seemed to be no stopping her. She was hooked on someone's line and they both knew it, and while there wasn't any evidence that it was the Ventrue's, he seemed the type.

He dodged her frantically waving arm as she pulled on her other shoe and kept up the lope beside her, eyes scanning the area for anything untoward. Nothing presented itself, and he blinked for a moment before putting together what she'd said. "Depends on what you mean by fell," he said, hurdling a fallen branch. "If you mean is it a Sabbat city yet, then no. A pack or two did some damage, but the Cam is hanging onto it for now." The conversation was probably awkward for her, Anarch that she was, so he tried to keep it simple and to the point. "Kross is Prince now. Took over from Wells. Don't know if that means they have a better or worse chance of holding out longer." He shrugged, though his brown eyes were watching her face for a response. "Might be that he's looking for more muscle and thought of you."
Tungsten Phillips

Tungsten Phillips
Gangrel
Anarch
0 Status

Postby Mila » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Mila didn't bother tying her shoelaces. "A phone call would have sufficed. What are we, savages?" She shook her head and wiggled her butt. This was the first time she'd needed to be fully clothed in ages; Tungsten preferred the touch of her skin. She was bested by her wedgie, which did less than nothing to improve her mood, or the situation.

"Kross is what?" Her palm met her face. "He doesn't know how to stay out of trouble, does he? Who the hell thought that was a good idea?" She was on the verge of rambling, but as they crept closer and closer to the warehouse district, she began to reconsider.

"You know, I know Kings are known for owning warehouses, but I'm beginning to think this isn't his style." She surveyed the area around them looking for any trouble. "You know I try not to ask you too many questions. Did someone in your sect find out about me? Maybe another spy I met I didn't know? What about Mamma? I haven't seen her since the fight. Do we even know if she made it out alive?"
Mila

Mila
Brujah
Anarch
0 Status

Postby Tungsten Phillips » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 am

"Depends on who you ask," Tungsten said, but there was less cheerfulness in it than there normally would have been. His eyes had gone dark and quiet, watchful, and his nostrils were flared wide while he kept pace with her, scenting the air.

He shrugged at her questions, said, "Sure doesn't. Don't know," in noncommittal answer, and then took a moment to digest the words and ponder his answer before it came out, slow but measured. "They know who you are - know you're an Anarch, anyway, and about your connections to Kross and all. I don't think you met anybody else, but it could be. I don't know everybody and everybody doesn't know me." He would have liked to snuffle her chin, to reassure her, but he doubted she had time for that right now. The second part, that was easier, though. "I wouldn't worry too much about our Alley Cat. She's a tough lady. Nine lives." He flashed her a brief smile. "And I've seen Cal and Sarai out and about, and they're not the kind of upset they'd be if she'd gone down."
Tungsten Phillips

Tungsten Phillips
Gangrel
Anarch
0 Status

Return to Other Locations