[12/1] Meet the New Boss...

Dirty jobs happen, and this generally ends up with a trip to Out-town. The old factory quarter is ideal for all kinds of bad happenings.

Re: [12/1] Meet the New Boss...

Postby JennyGinetti » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:40 pm

...well fuck. For a (still dazed) second, she actually thought Frank was talking about how he wouldn't look like much of a Sheriff, and then it clicked. Oh, lovely.

"Would you believe," she said brightly, "I honestly did not think of that possibility?" Mary motheraChrist, you could argue she didn't even have the job yet, and here she was wading through all this crap for it...

Plans. Plans, now? "Working on it," she said. "Slow going," since someone put my head halfway through a fucking wall, you brainless scab, "give me a second..." She shook her head, then crossed her arms and looked up at him.

"Clear something up for me," she said. "You actually want the job, or you just pissed Kross wants to take it away?"
JennyGinetti

:: ::

Jenny Ginetti
Brujah
Sheriff
2 Status

Postby Frank Gaughan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Frank's laugh was a bitter bark in the evening air. "Oh, I'll give you a second. They won't," he said, something close to disdain curling in his voice. Not at Ginetti, not really - mess still wasn't her fault - but there were a lot of people, Kross apparently included, with their heads up their asses when it came to knowing what to do about the city's problems.

He headed back in her direction, twisted bat swinging from his hand. Its heft was different now and it distracted a vague corner of his mind. She was getting her usual spunk back and there was a thin, humorless smile on her face as she found the dregs of his temper and kicked them to life again. Looking to get tossed into another wall, but he admired that in a woman. "Let me explain it to you, Ginetti," he suggested, fucking stupid dago. "Chicago was doing all right. It's been okay. Always Sabbat sniffing around its edges, but you can't avoid that in a city this big, now can you? Everybody wants a slice of the pie." Fucking hated that metaphor. "Then one day your friend Kross rolls in with his friend and sets up shop. Three months later, Shaeffer, our Sheriff, is fucking dead, because it's hard to survive your guts being dragged out of you by some fucking Westbrit with claws who's on a bad trip." The new spiral down overlapped the old one in his mind, made his vision blur red again. "Then Kross gets the job and starts doing fuckall except shagging Toreador and discovering that there's some mysterious number of hunters in the city gunning for everything with fangs that moves, and goddamn if he does a fucking thing about it." The bat was making a faint squealing sound, probably a sign he was gripping it too hard. "Then, when everything's gone to shit and we're hip-deep in Sabbat in the alleys, he gets in a tussle with the Black Rose over his current piece of tail and fucking quits, and the whole shitstorm comes down on my head because that's what I fucking do for Capone, I get shit on." He'd nearly gotten back to Ginetti, now, and the ugly temper rising in him was considering returning to its first plan, which involved a lot of satisfaction and mess. "You know what it's like to be Sheriff, Ginetti? You fucking should, because you've seen a little slice of it over the past few months, and when you get handed a city that's an inch from going fucking supernova it's all you can do to keep the packs from rolling Main Street while Capone gets his ass killed behind closed fucking doors--"

Putting what was left of the bat through something was an attractive idea, but he liked this bat, damn it. "And then Kross sucks Clan Toreador off enough to get the seat, and the first thing he does is fire the Sheriff that took over to keep the city from going down during the fucking nightmare he created." The bat was banging into the pavement at every step, clang, clang, clang, until he finally reached Ginetti to loom over her in person and bend down. "Of course I don't want the motherfucking job. You couldn't get Judas up out of damnation to take this fucking job. But this is my city--" My city, goddamn it, you fucking out-of-town interloping greasy-skinned sons of whores "--and I'll be nailed to the goddamn cross by my cock before I let Kross take it down the shitter with him, you understand? That satisfy your curiosity, Ginetti?"
Frank Gaughan

Frank Gaughan
Brujah
3 Status

Postby JennyGinetti » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:43 pm

"That about does, yeah," she said, keeping a weather eye on the sadly-stressed bat.

Hunters and Sabbat, lovely. Forget about all the internal problems for a second. She stuck her hands in her pockets and tilted her head to one side. She would have said Sabbat were messy by definition, but that didn't quite seem to apply, not with this bunch. They fucked up the metaphorical ecology something fierce, though. Not the kind of thing Kindred would necessarily notice, but...

"It's only because they're both hard to find that the hunters haven't been sent to deal with the Sabbat yet, right?" Wouldn't solve the Sabbat problem, not all of it, but might put a dent in the hunter one.
JennyGinetti

Jenny Ginetti
Brujah
Sheriff
2 Status

Postby Frank Gaughan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Frank's right eye narrowed slightly, his brain having trouble adjusting to a new line of conversation that didn't involve justifiable homicidal rage. "Hunters?" Yes, somewhere around here, he didn't doubt, making everyone's lives, his most obviously, even more of a fucking mess. "Oh, they're around for certain, or so Kross assures us. Haven't seen hide nor hair of one, nor has anybody else since they're having a tendency to not leave anybody capable of witnessing behind." He grinned suddenly, though it wasn't at all a nice expression. "Except the Hound, of course. Track him down and dry him out, he might be able to tell you something. Couldn't get a thing out of the shifty bastard last time I talked to him." Not that Frank disliked Colin all that much; it was just that he disliked pretty much everyone in the world with a searing intensity at the moment.
Frank Gaughan

Frank Gaughan
Brujah
3 Status

Previous

Return to Out-Town